Suzanne Hoadley & MORE LION have written a report for the European Investment Bank (EIB) on procuring Intelligent Transport Systems for cities around Europe. The study is now published and can be found here. (read further below)
as described very adequately by Suzanne Hoadley: "The in-depth study of seven ITS procurement cases of public authorities (covering systems for parking, real-time passenger information, traffic signals and vehicle access regulations) provides an honest and insightful assessment of what has worked well, where difficulties have arisen and most importantly what lessons have been learned.
The insights gained from the case studies, coupled with the valuable inputs received from ITS procurement experts, have been turned into ITS procurement principles supported by very practical recommendations.
To give an idea of the study’s contents, key themes emerging from the research include:
- The grounding of ITS procurement in a mobility or city development plan
- The functional specification of a system
- In-house ITS capacity building
- Market engagement and/or consultation
- Use of open specification and standards to achieve modularity and avoid vendor lock-in."
#mobility #EIB #EuropeanInvestmentBank #ITS #IntelligentTransportSystems #mobility #mobiliteit #publication #MoreLion